5 Ways to Love Your Pet in the New Year
Thank goodness the holiday madness is over! It’s time to catch our breath, put up our feet, and relax, that is, until it’s time to get ready for Valentine’s Day.
Whether you are planning an elaborate evening for your sweetie, or spending the night binge-watching your favorite Netflix drama, there’s no wrong way to celebrate a day of love.
Keeping your four-legged family members in mind on Valentine’s Day is a no-brainer. In fact, an estimated 20% of U.S. pet owners will purchase gifts for their pets this February, spending around $593 million total. We adore all pets here at Bowman Veterinary Hospital, and we’ve come up with a list of fun and useful ways you can love your pet this Valentine’s Day (and all year long).
Wonderful Ways to Love Your Pet
Try these ideas to show your pet how much you love and appreciate them:
- Exercise together. Start off your love-fest with an activity that is good for your pet’s heart (and yours!). A brisk walk or game of fetch with Fido, or indoor feather chase with Fluffy, will get the blood pumping and shower your pet with the attention they deserve.
- Spa day. Treat your little guy or gal to a professional bath and nail trim, or get them gussied up at home. Just like us, pets enjoy being clean and pampered, and the extra snuggles they will receive after a bath are well worth it.
- A trip to the vet. We know, we know, this isn’t your pet’s favorite activity, but if they haven’t been in for a wellness check in awhile, you will be doing them a favor. Regular wellness exams are critical to the ongoing health of all pets, and supports their vitality and longevity.
- A treat for a sweet. Of course, sharing chocolate and candy is a big no-no when it comes to our pets, but that doesn’t mean we can’t give them something delicious to show how much we care. Local pet stores are full of interesting, healthy treats, or better yet, whip up a batch of pet treats at home.
- Gifts galore. It wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without a gift (or three) for your sweet pet. DIY pet gifts are all the rage, but you can also go the traditional route with a new heart-shaped ID tag, red collar, or stuffed toy.
Regardless of how you choose to shower your pet with love, your team at Bowman Veterinary Hospital is here to back you up. And, don’t forget that to love your pet is to keep them healthy. Please call us with any questions or concerns you have regarding your furry bundle of love!